[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 Ideas: Module reordering

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Thu Mar 17 13:40:06 CET 2011

Hi,

I'd like to start a few topics about ideas for TYPO3 4.6. Goal is to
discuss them and see whether

1) Idea is OK and feasible in the 4.6 time frame
2) Someone/some group is willing to work on that

Concept of Module reordering.

Order of modules in left menu is not fine enough. When you create your
menu you may say, it should be positioned at top, at bottom, ... but you
lack a real way of telling TYPO3 where you want it to appear (or you
need to do it yourself by hacking the array of modules).

Now, more generally, according to how you work, you shouldn't hard code
the position of all modules, perhaps as editor you'd like to have
another order of Web modules than your colleague because you use Web >
View a lot and your colleague not.

We are using ExtJS, similar to the page tree, we could think of a way to
let user reorganize modules within a section and save this in their user
settings.

One step further: being able to group modules according to your needs.
Default setting would be as it is currently, but you may create new
sections and group your modules as you wish.

One step further: export/import order/grouping settings to be shared
with other users from same website/from other websites

Your ideas: ...

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6