[TYPO3-v4] getUrl issues - linkvalidator

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 16 11:21:45 CET 2011

Hi,

On 16-3-2011 8:17, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> So to me it would be a matter of evaluating first what is most feasible.
> Maybe using a third party library to do it. Perhaps take a look at
> HTTP_Request2 [1]

This one is definitely worth a closer look. It has Adapters, including
one for using cURL, so the functions can easily be handled by different
routines.

Also the concept of Observers allows you to do really nice things
(receivedHeaders observer is activated after the headers are received;
you can use an observer to save response bodies to disk to save memory).

As Philipp said, getURL can exist as a wrapper for backwards
compatiblity. And maybe we need a new wrapper to handle things like
using the correct Adapter depending on Install Tool settings, etc.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.