[TYPO3-v4] TCA Valueslider Wizard

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Mon Mar 14 21:03:59 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 14.03.2011 18:30, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:

> Now that's in the core, this is *the API* and noone needs to feel the
> need to risk their stable extensions by depending on some third party
> extension which has an unclear future.

Sorry I've to disagree - it's just a feature which you can turn on/off
if needed, it's not an API. If we had a clean API within the tceforms
the "pain" for extensions to get to the point and implement such wizards
would not be so big, we would see more of them in the TER and it would
be less problematic during updates etc.

We're putting it in the Core to avoid that we've to think about a proper
(generic) API for wizards and because we're Core members and we don't
want to depend on anyone(anything else than the Core. I'm fine with that
- as I said I won't block this since it's anyways relatively small
compared to other stuff we put in. But my concern is that things like
this just blow up the size of the Core which is in the end not good for
anyone of us. And once it's in, we're not able to get rid of it later
on, because people start to depend on it.

I'd personally prefer to have some kind of "feature" competition (e.g.
compare extension downloads) before we push stuff into the Core.

Cheers,
TOlleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch