[TYPO3-v4] "CGL" policy for new hooks?

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sun Mar 13 17:46:31 CET 2011

Hi,

I was just wondering if we should discuss what exactly the policy for
new hooks is. In https://review.typo3.org/1003 I'm being pushed to use a
hook which does an additional check against an interface.

Especially for https://review.typo3.org/1003 I don't consider the
introduced hook to be relevant for many others and introducing it was
just a matter of separating workspace stuff from the Core, that's why I
didn't care about an interface.

But what's the policy for that? When do we claim interfaces for newly
added hooks in the Core? (why / why not?)

I'd personally prefer to have a clear policy because it's just
disrupting if things get blocked just because *this* has to be discussed
with every hook request again and again.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch