[TYPO3-v4] TCA Valueslider Wizard

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sun Mar 13 15:57:07 CET 2011

Hi.

On 13.03.2011 12:38 Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> - Customizable values and corresponding labels (0=normal, 1=strong,
> 2=stronger, 3=very strong - for text boldness for instance). Could be
> handled by radio buttons or dropdown as well, I agree, but may be better
> for UX with a slider

A slider represents rather a linear scale, while radio buttons don't
necessarily do that (but could). Radio button use case could be nominal
scale (example: by bike, by car, by bus, by foot). This should not be
represented by slider.
Both fit for an ordinal scale (e.g. school marks), interval scale (e.g.
years: 1990,1991,1991, ...) or ratio measurement.
Of course there's a fluent passage between those kinds of scales.
In practice it not only depends on the type of scale, but also on the
number of values and the lenght of the labels.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/