[TYPO3-v4] Welcome our new fellow reviewer

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sun Mar 13 15:02:47 CET 2011

Am 11.03.2011 13:44, schrieb Stefano Kowalke:
> Hey everbody,
>
> I like to inform your that we connected review.typo3.org with
> ci.typo3.org aka Mr. Jenkins. This means Mr. Jenkins pull every
> Changeset/Patchset which was pushed to gerrit, merge it into his working
> copy and build the core.
>
> In the first step, Mr. Jenkins look out for PHP syntax errors using "php
> -l". If no errors found, he gives his +1 Verified, otherwise -1 Fails.
>
> Next steps are: Get the unit tests running, check for CGL violations
>
> If you think, Mr. Jenkins vote on your changeset is wrong, tell me please.

I love it!

But I would rather think Jenkins should give a "+1 review", which means
"I reviewed the code but someone else must approve", and not a "+1
verified" (means someone tested it).

The "verified" status is a checkmark in the overview and it would mean
every patch is "verified" as soon as it enter the review process
(considering there are no syntax errors), which makes it difficult to
find reviews which hasn't been tested by anyone.