[TYPO3-v4] TCA Valueslider Wizard

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Sun Mar 13 12:38:26 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

> for an extension of mine i created a little wizard that has a slider for
> value entry. In the particualr case i use it for time entry, see
> screenshot.
>
> Do you think this is simething worth for core or is it too special?

I think this is really something worth but it should be customizable (I
guess all is already covered with the underlying ExtJS control anyway):

- Customizable steps (perhaps min and max are 1 and 10 and I want to
step 1 to 1 or 0.5 to 0.5 only)

- Customizable values and corresponding labels (0=normal, 1=strong,
2=stronger, 3=very strong - for text boldness for instance). Could be
handled by radio buttons or dropdown as well, I agree, but may be better
for UX with a slider

- Dynamic element. Just as select can have dynamic items, this could be
useful too

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6