[TYPO3-v4] Cant push to gerrit > Permission denied (publickey)

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Mar 8 11:55:13 CET 2011

hello,

Am 08.03.2011 10:39, schrieb Søren Malling:
> Hi Georg,
>
> I had the same issue last night, but fixed it by changing .git/config to
>
> [remote "origin"]
>          fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>          #url = git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git
>          url = ssh://<username>@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git

while this works, please, please DONT DO IT!

keep:
url=git://git.typo3.org/TYPO33v4/Core.git
in there

this way you will fetch via ssh from gerrit, which is not efficient and
intended for fetching/reading!

there are numerous ways to push to another url then the one you fetch from.
- pushInsteadof is the most efficient/effective one (google/wiki.typo3.org)
- make the push command explicit: push
ssh://<username>@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git

Greets,
Peter