[TYPO3-v4] reviews.typo3.org readability

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Mar 8 11:19:55 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 08.03.2011 11:09, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> don't shock designers: CSS colors are the same on all OSes :)
>
> Yeah, but OSes shows they differently and monitors are different. We
> made a design for the site with #f0f0f0 as a background color for some
> areas (very light shade of gray). We found out that approx 40% of users
> see it as white. Also many users see #404040 as black (#000000).

sure, but you don't know how user calibrate their monitor. And may be, i
have bad eyes and use my OS to display more contrast which change the
colors as well.

Anyway, the design of gerrit isn't finished, and many complain about the
orange (see the orange on dark grey as example).
I hope for some cleanup of CSS and a bit face lifting to have a common
style that is readable, and we are all happy :)

BTW - i find some strange wording too - did you recognised "Starred
Changes"? It took me some time to see that this way you see the changes
where you clicked on the "star" in the overview :)

vg Steffen