[TYPO3-v4] Verified / Code Review

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Tue Mar 8 09:25:58 CET 2011

W dniu 2011-03-08 08:30, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Hi Krystian,
>
> Krystian Szymukowicz schrieb am 07.03.2011 18:58:
>
>> Sorry - its me again about the gerrit :)
>
> No need to be sorry, better ask many questions, because others will
> probably have similar ones!
>
>> Is there some rules explaining the "pass" for RFC? I mean all the +1 /
>> +2 etc. I can see some incosistency.
>
> Yes, we kind of "decided" on some rules, but it's not written in stone
> yet because we wanted to try out the workflow first. The issue
> discussing this is:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/13468

Thanks for you answer.

If I understand well we have old policy, that is:
  * 2 reviews by reading, one of them being a core developer
  * 2 reviews by testing, one of them being a core developer

but the gerrit system do not fit that rules.

So all the messages from gerrit, for example:
a) Need Code Review +2
b) Need Verified +1

should not be taken into consideration at all.

Also in the List View of the issues the status (column V and R) tells
not very much, right? One still have to click issue, check who voted
(core or not - that means I must know all the core from name)  to be
sure that the help to fix the bug is needed.

Frankly speaking I thought that Gerrit will take the responsibility for
doing this kind of calcultaions so no man power will be wastaed here :)

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz