[TYPO3-v4] Core projects merge via subtree merge?

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Mon Mar 7 17:42:43 CET 2011

Hi,

> If that's possible I would love to have something fully automated which
> does the merge whenever needed (tags, daily, whatever). Not sure what
> the Extbase and DBAL teams think of that? But as I said - I'd prefer to
> avoid that all issues from subprojects have to pass Gerrit twice.

Ideally, without looking at submodules yet, here is what I'd like and
guess would make sense:

- automatic merge from DBAL master, Extbase master and Fluid master
(just to name a few) on a daily basis (for instance)
- automatic tag of them in their relative repository when preparing a
release (if there was some changes)

If I work on some features for DBAL, then I should use a feature branch,
not the master, just as when you work on indexed_search or cms you work
on Core master

Alternatively, the external project should have a branch dedicated to
our Core trunk (already some kind of TYPO3_4-6 within the external
project) and merge changes from their master to their TYPO3_4-6 or
whatever branch and the automatic daily merge would then use that branch
instead of the master of the external project, it's up to the external
maintainers.

Why would be great? Because ATM this is easy to have the bleeding-edge
version of TYPO3 but not having it with all sysext, which is not optimal!

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6