[TYPO3-v4] List module improvements

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:48:00 CET 2011

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Think of fe_users - you may have them spreaded in many folders, no way
> to see them all at once

This does not help really because the query will still run on the same
single table. It can be even harder for MySQL if there are many distinct pids.

> Think of imported data - you have records with pid that might not exist.

Do you mean import using mysqldump/mysql? Yes, that's possible. However
this does not really affect the search speed, only amount of records and
distribution of pid values does. The more different pids, the more chances
that mysql will prefer full table scan even if a good index exists. And
together with sorting it becomes "using where; using temporary; using
filesort", which means we all can go and drink some coffee while it sorts. :(

I am not sure how to solve it yet.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member