[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Mar 3 01:01:35 CET 2011

Hey,

> I agree here. datamints_feuser goes in the right direction, from the
> backend interface I think it's almost perfect (splitting it up in two
> plugins, sort out the section stuff in a flexform etc), and in the
> frontend we need plain Extbase, but the code there looks quite simple
> and I already have an idea on how to get this going.

if you wanna do the FE part with extbase (no problem with this in
general), you have to implement (or wait for) mixins for extbase first,
because otherwise it won't be easily possible to extend the fe_user
object with custom fields. Misusing single table inheritance for this is
a pain in the a... and won't end up in a manageable result for starters.

I already have a some ideas on how to implement mixins in extbase, but
am currently out of time (as always).

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch