[TYPO3-v4] Question about Git branches

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 2 22:56:48 CET 2011

Hi again,

> 2) I understand that Git branches are not "physical" like SVN branches.
> What do I need to do to fix/replace my symlink setup?

Thanks to Ernesto for the idea. It could be very useful indeed.

I tried with just symlinking to the only clone I had made and it means I
have to switch branch every time I want to work on a given TYPO3
version, otherwise it points to whatever version I was using before.
Although it is very common to switch branches in Git, it is a bit
inconvenient to have to switch every time, especially when wanting to
compare the behavior of various TYPO3 versions, while the patch one is
working on is not yet finalized and hence not locally committed. Of
course, it could be stashed...

Is there any potential pitfall in the setup described by Ernesto?

Francois Suter