[TYPO3-v4] TinyMCE vs htmlArea RTE

Marcus Schwemer typo3 at schwemer.de
Wed Jun 29 22:32:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 28.06.11 23:10:

>> - TYPO3Image / TYPO3Plugin in order to collect the necessary
>> information. Complete dialogs are still available.
> IMHO downside. Why two dialogs? It's for editors!

Yes, that's why there are two dialogs. :-)

If you look at the standard tinyMCE dialog ... most (all) possible
options for a link / image is present. How long does it take to teach
editors all that options, that are not needed in most cases?

As an integrator you can choose one of them or both ;-)

> *We* understand that
> there are two Extension Managers (do we?),

Yes. At least I see it as a fallback.

> but why are there two ways to
> insert images?

See above.

> (I know that it's not your fault ;))

I don't think that this is a fault, but we should definetly agree about
it, if tinyMCE should step into the core.

CU,
Marcus

--
Marcus Schwemer
Manufaktur für Software Internet Design

Industriestr. 31 - 82194 Gröbenzell
T: +49 (89) 54 64 32 30 - F: +49 (89) 54 64 32 50
M: +49 (176) 10 33 64 97
WWW: http://www.schwemer.de - eMail: info at schwemer.de
eMail: info at schwemer.de