[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 and PHP 5.3

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jun 29 16:19:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> As we have PHP 5.3, we already can use namespaces without relying on
>> t3lib_div::makeInstance() which of course should be avoided, this is why
>> I'd like to have a patch to get them.
>
> What about XCLASSes? makeInstance() makes that possible. Get rid of it
> and XLASSes anymore...

Well, honestly I'd say that over 95% of "Extbase"-compliant code (which
could be seen as "modern" in some way) I've seen does not include the
XCLASS part anymore...

Anyway, have a look at the draft idea I submitted to the bug tracker,
there's a TODO for the XCLASS part...

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6