[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 and PHP 5.3

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Jun 29 10:37:47 CEST 2011

Hey Xavier,

Am 29.06.11 07:04, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> /** @var $actionController
> \TYPO3\Extbase\MVC\Controller\ActionController */
> $actionController =
> t3lib_div::makeInstance('\TYPO3\Extbase\MVC\Controller\ActionController');
>
> I created a task for this 3 months ago [3] and I'd like to push it a bit
> before feature freeze. Anybody interested?
>
> If new to namespaces, the FAQ entry on how a name is resolved when using
> a backslash at the beginning or not is worth reading [4].

Personally I really like the idea of namespaces and the problems that
(might) get solved with using it. On the first view it look really
simple, just use namespaces and you're done...

I assume that there is a compatibility behaviour that supports both ways
of creating instances with the t3lib static functions (namespaced and
plain class names). If I now think about extension developer that would
start to write extensions with using namespaces, I fear that none of
those extensions are usable with TYPO3 4.5 LTS (since the requirement is
PHP 5.2).

I know that there are a lot of parts in TYPO3 4.6 that have been
modified to drop the PHP 5.2 support - however these are API methods
that are called by extensions and should still work with 4.5 LTS and 4.6.

I'm not sure whether it's possible to have something like namespaces
with a fallback for TYPO3 4.5 LTS and thus PHP 5.2...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader