[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 and PHP 5.3

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jun 29 09:33:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Without discussing here how it should be named CGL-wised, the purpose of
>> adding namespace support for 4.6 is to be able to name it e.g.,
>
> I think it is too late for 4.6. Don't rush with that. Did you evaluate
> all consequences (good and bad)?

Not really. But as long as we don't have a patch or start of a patch,
it's difficult to know how much has to be changed (autoloader, ...). As
we have PHP 5.3, we already can use namespaces without relying on
t3lib_div::makeInstance() which of course should be avoided, this is why
I'd like to have a patch to get them.

Of course, if the patch is hickle, then I agree we should not rush but
4.6 is four months away, not 1 as the feature freeze...

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6