[TYPO3-v4] TinyMCE vs htmlArea RTE

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:22:11 CEST 2011

Hi!

Kay Strobach wrote:
> http://www.aloha-editor.org/wiki/Browser_Support
> As far as i know ie6 support is dropped in 4.6 ?!

Yes, seems to cover every browser.

Aloha depends on jQuery, right? But we use ExtJS with Extbase adapter.
Wouldn't that cause conflicts or performance issues to include one more
library?

>>> What is the problem with the editor shipped with extjs?
>>> http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4.0/docs/?class=Ext.form.HtmlEditor
>>> (Sencha license)
>> That is too limited and produces bad HTML. TinyMCE beats it in every
>> feature.
>
> ok understand that - why not asking sencha guys to improve that?

When the editor appeared, people asked. But the reply was something like
"this editor is meant to be very lightweight and simple. we have no planms
to change that". This was a reason why I did not use it.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org