[TYPO3-v4] Current master branch is broken?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 22:07:56 CEST 2011

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> If you upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6 you *have* to go through the Upgrade
> Wizard, if you like it or not. :)

This is correct. But it does not cancel my statement at all: database
analyzer must be able to create all tables. Update wizard works only when
certain flags are not set. Database Analyzer is the last hope in many
cases. It *must* be able to repair any database error.

> I agree that having the definitions in COMPARE DATABASE would best fit,
> but I don't think this is a requirement if it technically makes more
> sense to have it in the upgrade wizard.

I strongly disagree. It was a requirement so far and it must stay like
this. Everybody rely on database analyzer to update tables. This must not
be broken.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member