[TYPO3-v4] TinyMCE vs htmlArea RTE

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Jun 28 14:34:43 CEST 2011

Dear community,

This message does not aim at trolling this mailing list but we discussed
this point briefly during our last Release Team meeting and we would
like to make the point regarding those 2 different rich text editors.

As you know, htmlArea RTE is the "official" (ie delivered with Core)
rich text editor, available both for frontend and backend editing
(including flexform RTEs) and TinyMCE is available as a separate
extension from TER to basically "replace" it.

If we choose to start (or resuscitate) such an old discussion is because
our Community Manager, Ben, thought it would be worth trying to have a
(hopefully) objective feature comparison coming from the community
itself, may it be from htmlArea "fans" or from TinyMCE "lovers".

So please, share your opinion and help us gathering some feedback on
this topic.

Thanks very much in advance for your contribution.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6