[TYPO3-v4] Current master branch is broken?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Jun 28 11:09:13 CEST 2011

>> Updating master branch gives lots of SQL errors about missing tables or
>> non-existing columns in tables, all related to the caching framework
>> (which I do not have enabled by the way). Install tool does not offer to
>> create these tables. Effectively, upgrade from earlier versions is
>> impossible to the current master branch.
>
> I agree! Just tried to delete all my caching tables, they are not
> created automatically and are not suggested in the Install Tool.

After dropping all cachingframework tables, I had to manually create a
few of them to be able to log in again:

CREATE TABLE cachingframework_cache_hash (
   id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
   identifier varchar(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
   crdate int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   content mediumblob,
   lifetime int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   expires int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY (id),
   KEY cache_id (identifier)
) ENGINE=InnoDB;

CREATE TABLE cachingframework_cache_hash_tags (
   id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
   identifier varchar(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
   tag varchar(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY (id),
   KEY cache_id (identifier),
   KEY cache_tag (tag)