[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 and HTML5

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:17:55 CEST 2011

Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> +1. Would be great to see how much "difference" there is actually. So if
> you maybe work on the original styles, could you come up with a version
> to diff against maybe?

It's rather a new concept, than a copy of the original CSC. At present
it does not render all content elements yet, and for images I have not
yet implemented a userFunc to render them - I was impressed of how far
I came using only TypoScript to render images and text - but for special
fields like "effects" or "compression" I maybe need a userFunc.

I'm going to create a forge project later and you can check
out the current status. Probably it will only make sense
to "backport" useful things into the CSC extension, because
my extension was built from scratch.

But so far it uses those HTML elements:
header, hgroup, time, figure, figcaption, etc.

The other part of making an HTML5 compliant TYPO3 or let's say,
HTML5 friendly TYPO3 includes adopting some classes like the new
page renderer etc. to output nice HTML elements in the head, etc.

More later.

Regards,
Thomas