[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 11th meeting of the 4.6 Release Team

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 27 17:56:25 CEST 2011

Hi all,

> Install Tool
> ----------------------------
>
> As discussed two weeks ago, Steffen thought about some bug he found and
> should report it and assign it to Benni.
>
> [ *TODO* Steffen ] Find and report bug to Benni.
Disclaimer: ^^^^^ other Steffen ;-)

What's the status of the project itself? I'm waiting for an update since
weeks. Will it be probably included in 4.6?

I have implemented a small feature based on some service provided by the
refactoring. (automatically create the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL [1]). If the
project is likely to be not included, I'd just steal their new service
class and add it right now.

Also the detection of ImageMagick, which obviously doesn't work. I
wouldn't put efforts into it, if the refactoring includes it.
Same for saltedpasswords.

So it would be great, if some team members could share their plans.

> Git and Gerrit
> ----------------------------
>
> Meeting was done last week:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-git/wiki/Meeting_June_15th_2011
Next one this Wednesday, 16.30h CEST

> Introduction Package
> ----------------------------
>
> Ben reported that a discussion took place to think about putting the
> Introduction Package into a Git & Gerrit review workflow.
>
> Olly thinks that scripts and configuration could be put into Gerrit but
> he is not sure if it really makes sense.
(My) Idea behind would be to give it more visibility and just include it
more into our (new) workflows. I think, it's really neglected.

Are some people motivated to sit together during T3DD and have some
thoughts, what we could optimize? Maybe sort out some bugs etc.

Kind regards
Steffen

[1] branch sandbox/stephenking/installtool-autocreate

http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/sandbox/stephenking/installtool-autocreate
--
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member