[TYPO3-v4] Idea to speed up the backend

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jun 16 12:16:28 CEST 2011

Hello Ernesto,

sounds good.

Hope you mean and it's the same like[1]:

- http://code.google.com/p/managediframe/
- http://code.google.com/p/managediframe/wiki/ManagedIframeFAQ

This sounds good enough to give it a try.
BUT this won't solve the main problem, that too much data is transfered
in many modules which slows down the process (e.g.listmodule).

The license makes me gray hair [2]:

>  * License: ux.ManagedIFrame, ux.ManagedIFrame.Panel, ux.ManagedIFrame.Portlet, ux.ManagedIFrame.Window
>  * are licensed under the terms of the Open Source GPL 3.0 license:
>  * http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
>  *
>  * Commercial use is prohibited without a Commercial Developement License. See
>  * http://licensing.theactivegroup.com.

Other Parts are simply licensed as MIT [3].

I think the best solution for longterm evolution is to switch to
extdirect with cards which do not contain any frames, but only panels
..., which should be easy enough for many modules ;)

Regards
Kay

[2]
http://code.google.com/p/managediframe/source/browse/trunk/source/exp/mif.js