[TYPO3-v4] Survey about default value for $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['explicitADmode']

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Wed Jun 1 16:49:39 CEST 2011

Hi list,

in all of my TYPO3 projects I change the default value for
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['explicitADmode'] because I'd rather explicitly
allow access to new features / elements than to deny them.

For me it would make perfectly sense in terms of a security approach to
change the default value of this setting to 'explicitAllow' and
introduce an upgrade wizard to handle possible breaks with existing
installations.

What would be the proper way (survery, voting on forge, etc.) to
determine if there is really a need to change the default value.

What do you think?

Regs
Patrick