[TYPO3-v4] t3lib_utility_* only static?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jul 20 22:02:27 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

> Please be aware that this step will be a real problem for any further unit
> tests and maybe also the existing ones. Unfortunately it's horrible to test
> code that relies on static method calls, because they cannot be mocked. Sure

I guess you misunderstood the post of Steffen G. He actually would like
to *avoid* having the new Http class be put within t3lib_utility_* because

1) this new class is not static (thus good for unit testing)
2) current classes within t3lib_utility_* are static

and thus we wanted to ask first if it wouldn't be better to put it
somewhere else within t3lib_* but not within t3lib_utility_*

Hope this helps clarifying the concept.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers