[TYPO3-v4] Enabling saltedpasswords and rsaauth by default

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Jul 17 22:18:34 CEST 2011

Hi Jigal,

On 17.07.11 19:21, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> IIRC it needs the PHP module openssl, right? We can easily add that to
> the 1-2-3 install tool check (and make sure it's incorporated in the new
> install tool), but how can we check that the module is configured correctly?

rsaauth needs openssl, right. To check if the module is properly
configured, we must generate keys and check if it works. Marcus wrote
such tests a while ago.

Now, that I found a place where to hook into the (current) install
tool[1], implementing the checks there should be pretty straight forward...

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]https://review.typo3.org/3389

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org