[TYPO3-v4] Compatibility break in TYPO3 4.6: need reviews and approval before beta1!

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jul 17 15:26:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 15.07.2011 20:29, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,
>
>> It seems to me that it's part of the '[TASK]' to properly deprecate
>> functions. Alternative is to revert the change. (Not fixing this would
>> effectively mean that the deprecation rule can be ignored in the
>> future...)
>
> Yes, I'll add the compatibility constructor as seen in #28208

this is exactly the way to go - stick the rules, deprecate it, and
remove it 3 versions later.

It's a different thing if you make a brand new version which stops being
compatible, but then you have to raise the major number, eg 5.0 - but
this is reserved, so v4 is limited to be compatible ...

vg Steffen