[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 --rebase: pending new features

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Jul 15 09:13:40 CEST 2011

Hi Xavier,

> - [25337]: Add PHP 5.3 namespace support (was proposed as well as part
> of "init.php refactoring" workshop during T3DD11)

we indeed got very close on the dev days - the automatic zend conversion
tool needed much less adaption then we thought - but it is not perfect
yet. TYPO3 is so far away from Zend naming conventions and directory
structure that it does not completely work without manual work.

Even if I think it would be doable until FF (as we currently already
have a very good state) it would be such  a big rebasement, I don't want
to rush with that one...

As we have thought of forward and backwards compatibility layers and so
on, we currently really are optimitic that it would work out quite
nicely, but give it time to test it out in all thinkable variants...

regards

Steffen