[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.6 --rebase: pending new features

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Jul 14 21:42:04 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 07/14/2011 02:13 PM, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Here's my personal wish list of what should be kept and dealt with, _at
> least_ (reverse-ordered by id):
>
> - [20500]: Change the DB backend to use a default cache table

Short answer: I will not work on this one within the next weeks.

I was not a fan of this issue from the beginning and I still think we do
not really need it, especially now, where the tables for caches are
created on demand and transparently in 4.6.
Any solution in this area would raise several problems and can
potentially slow down the system. I have two other features for the db
backend that I like much more, and I think we should either close the
above issue with 'won't solve' or let it rot in forge a bit longer.
We will also see more patches to streamline the current cache usages and
definitions and I currently do not want to waste time on the above thing.

Regards
Christian