[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.5rc1 intropack: problem with nav menu or realurl conf

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jan 25 13:53:09 CET 2011

Frank Sonck schrieb am 25.01.2011 13:47:
> Hello people
>
> When I install rc1 on my local test site, the navigation menu links in FE
> produce 404 not found messages.
>
> I wrote this in an earlier thread already:
> after install the nav menu links in in the FE don't work (on my
>> localhost install)
>> The requested URL /introductionpackage-4.5.0beta3/about-typo3/
> Steffen: Is the .htaccess in place? This should not happen.
>
> The .htaccess is in place. When I deinstall the realurl extension the nav
> links work fine so I guess something is wrong in the realurl configuration
> file or with the autoconf process?
>
> I assume it's not the dev team's biggest worry now but still: a nicely
> functioning introduction package IS an important promotion tool for our
> beloved CMS no?
>
> Kind greetings and thanks again for your work!

Yes, it is very important, and I'll check that out later also. Maybe you
could try to find any other hint on where the problem comes from
(permissions of the .htaccess file, etc). A "404" is coming from the
Webserver (Apache) or from TYPO3? Clearing all caches doesn't help?
Maybe try to check DB Tool > Check Reference Index Integrity?

Thanks for your help!