[TYPO3-v4] Postponing RC1 to Saturday in the afternoon

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Jan 22 15:53:19 CET 2011

On 22.01.11 15:39, Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:
> Am 22.01.2011 14:00, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>>> i am quite sure most people will wait for 4.5.1 before upgrading
>> that's nothing new
> I don't like to hear those things at all. Maybe it IS like that, but to
> count on that and maybe "accept" a bit of unstability because "none of
> the smart guys will use x.x.0 anyway" is unworthy for a system like TYPO3.

Of course, it's not meant as I don't care of .0's stability.
People waiting for .1s is nothing new, not for TYPO3 and not for most
other software.
If you run business-critical software, you don't want to be the first
one to try new Windows before SP1 or upgrade TYPO3 immediately. You want
other people to find most bugs, you will encounter.

People always find bugs, but for sure, it's a matter of having tested
your own product extensively, mostly without finding any new bugs. This
time frame is really pretty short these days.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert