[TYPO3-v4] t3editor saving does not work in file list

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sat Jan 22 14:58:10 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

On 22.01.11 14:31, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> I had some investigations. Saving using the icon is done different
> (calling tce_file.php) than using Ctrl+S (ajax.php).

I also stumbled over this one just right now.

> So somehwere in tce_file.php the request to change that file gets dropped.

The problem ist, that the editor does not update the original textarea
while typing in new content, so the original content of the textarea is
submitted to tce_file.php

> Why not change the href="" value of the save icon and do the same
> (without reload) as Ctrl+S does?

I think this is a must, it's the same in the template module.

> I would say: Fix it now or drop the feature. I fear this has never worked!

Yes, this needs to be fixed somehow. But the t3editor is not installed
by default, is it? So not a blocker for rc1 I would assume.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel