[TYPO3-v4] Deprecate fe_adminLib.inc ?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jan 22 10:53:34 CET 2011

Hi,

> these ancient scripts, which we carry duplicated in the core:
>
> typo3\sysext\cms\tslib\media\scripts\fe_adminLib.inc
> typo3\sysext\statictemplates\media\scripts\fe_adminLib.inc

Those scripts definitely need to die, but we have to provide a
replacement IMO. Maybe it's something we can combine with the new FORM
project which is coming to fruition and we can hope to integrate in 4.6
(Patrick, stop me if I'm wrong). I had always thought that it would be
great to have a tool that would transform TCA to FORM syntax, allowing
to automatically represent a TYPO3 table in the FE for editing (actually
I had made a little start at that a long time ago [1]).

> are not maintaineable and not maintained for the last years. But as I
> got to know, they are still "heavily used" (sr_feuser_register,
> direct_mail).

And also the current typo3.org also uses it, unfortunately.

Francois Suter

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-advancedform