[TYPO3-v4] Deprecate fe_adminLib.inc ?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 21 23:37:58 CET 2011

Hi,

these ancient scripts, which we carry duplicated in the core:

typo3\sysext\cms\tslib\media\scripts\fe_adminLib.inc
typo3\sysext\statictemplates\media\scripts\fe_adminLib.inc

are not maintaineable and not maintained for the last years. But as I
got to know, they are still "heavily used" (sr_feuser_register,
direct_mail).

This is the last part of the core which still uses t3lib_htmlmail.

So either we make it us t3lib_mail instead, but this would also mean we
have to keep the ancient methods extractMediaLinks(),
extractHyperLinks(), fetchHTMLMedia() etc into the "new world" of
t3lib_mail. Jigal started doing so, but we stopped because of the huge
amount of work involved.

What's your opinion here? Should we deprecate those scripts?

And also get rid of the duplication of these files in both folders?