[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the extraordinary Release Manager Meeting

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Jan 20 23:08:13 CET 2011

Hey.

Great read! Thanks for this deep level of information!

On 01/20/2011 12:01 AM, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> Linkvalidator
> -----------------------------------
>
> Ernesto also explained his communication with Patrick, which was
> frustrated by getting these reviews only at this late stage. Christian
> Kuhn (core developer) is also part of the team, but was not active on it
> for a longer period. Patrick explained that every issue is being worked
> on and it would have helped to get these comments earlier on.

Yes, that was suboptimal and a bit caused by me.

After my initial commit and some base refactoring I lost the
linkvalidator out of sight and additionally just didn't had any free
time for it. Luckily some people and especially Christopher (btw: his
name is Christopher Stelmaszyk, also known as the good ghost of
bugs.typo3.org) stepped in and tons of things where tackled.

I already have one or two 'pet projects' in the core, and I like to
stick to them. So, I'll probably not have too much private time to hack
on the linkvalidator. I'm still pretty much 'free' in my core time and
I'd like to stay it that way. So, I don't feel comfortable with the idea
of a core team member with a leader role of this extension.

Still, there is some interest from my agency and customers to use,
improve and add features to the linkvalidator in the future. So, chances
are good that I can commit some business time to the project. I talked
with Patrick about that and will coordinate and discuss things we want
and need somewhere after 4.5 release with him.

I think the current state of the linkvalidator already solves all base
problems and people will start using it. The extension will evolve and
developers will step in to improve it. The same happened to other
extensions like the scheduler already. I'm looking forward to this!

Regards
Christian