[TYPO3-v4] Postponing 4.5 RC1

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jan 18 17:21:17 CET 2011

Hi,

> also thanks for "helping out" in this last
> important phase.

Well, the community is lucky that I have a client who wants 4.5 very
badly. Otherwise I would probably not have such opportunities ;-)

> The installation of extensions is also done using the
> API by the introduction package. We changed it there for similar
> reasons, here is the required code snippet:
[snip]

I did a first quick and dirty implementation and, yes, it works. The
only issue I had is that tx_em_Connection_ExtDirectServer requires an
instance of "template", but template.php is not autoloaded. So I had to
add a require of that class which seems really unclean in the Install
Tool. I don't know if we can work around that. I'll prepare a cleaner
version of the patch and submit it to the Core list. Maybe someone will
come up with a solution for this "template" issue.

Francois Suter