[TYPO3-v4] Just a few rants (don't take it offensive)

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jan 17 11:52:10 CET 2011

> Thanks for the explanation (even if I don't agree) but I still can't
> compute why "Access" isn't *always* the last tab...

Because "Access" got all the fields that "decide" if an element will be
rendered or not. This includes some fields that are used less frequently
like "login behaviour" but there are other fields like
"Publish/Expiration date" or "usergroup access rights" that will be used
more often and one field that is used very often, which is "Page: Disable".

"Often" doesn't necessarily mean that you will change it more than once
during the lifecycle of the same element. It's about the fields that
people use to touch while dealing with an element (page or content).

It's just more likely that the average editor will touch a field of the
second tab (especially the "Disable" fields) while leaving the third tab
untouched, which is why we moved the fields they way we did.

Of course there will be people that don't match this "average editor",
but we wanted to come up with what Jens called "strong defaults"
matching the expectations of a very high percentage of editors.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de