[TYPO3-v4] 4.5b4 TV and Indexed Search

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jan 17 10:57:14 CET 2011

Hi,

> Jacco van der Post wrote:
>> I noticed that in 4.5 b4, TemplaVoila 1.5.3 and Indexed Search 2.12.0
>> the markers <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--><!--TYPO3SEARCH_end--> are not
>> placed everywhere, resulting in content not being found.
>
> Indexed search only uses these markers but not adds them anywhere.

IIRC until some point in the past, those markers were part of the TV
mapping (DS to be exact). I confirm, at least for me, that this is not
the case anymore.

However it's easy to get it back, simply edit your DS, search for your
content zone (or any other zone with content elements you'd like to
include when indexing your website) and add the wrap markup:

<TypoScript><![CDATA[
	10 = RECORDS
	10.source.postUserFunc = tx_kbtvcontslide_pi1->main
	10.source.postUserFunc.field = field_sidebarleft
	10.source.postUserFunc.table = tt_content
	10.tables = tt_content
	10.wrap = <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
]]></TypoScript>

Don't forget the <![CDATA[ ... ]]> at the beginning and the end.

This way you'll be able to define exactly what should be included or not
and you won't rely on some magic auto-configuration.

Xavier