[TYPO3-v4] Silence before the storm

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Wed Jan 12 17:42:44 CET 2011

Hi,

just for your information, of "what is going on" behind the scenes, in
case you are wondering "where is the beta4 release?":

We're working hard on getting everything ready. Some external projects
already merged (extbase / fluid), dbal won't need a merge. Some new
projects will be merged in the next couple of hours (em / pagetree).

Another big topic is the "label freeze": Jeff, Joey, Ingo are doing
extra-shifts to get this ready in time. page_language_overlay will get
the same face-lift as "pages" got (by Joey), the CSH for the new labels
from Jeff are currently being reviewed by more native speakers. We've
reviewed a change by Ingo which renames SysFolder to Folder throughout
our labels, making it more user-friendly for starters (see #16985 [1])

So during the next hours we expect to freeze SVN, prepare the release
notes, news etc, package beta4 and then make it available for download.

Thanks for your patience!

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16985

--
Ernesto Baschny