[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the 25th meeting of the release 4.5 team

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Jan 11 09:08:41 CET 2011

> Translation status
>
> Steffen noted that the german translations are nearly complete. Ben did
> quite a lot in the Dutch translations. @ben will ask the French guys to
> start their work. Other teams haven't begun yet.
I think many already did (as mentioned in the translators list), so
situation is hopefully not that bad!

> plupload
>
> Christian Mueller got in touch with Steffen Kamper and will try to
> finish the already started implementation of plupload, now without the
> whole FAL framework.  It is nearly done, some tiny integration still
> missing. Also the usability of the uploader needs some buttons / labels
> rearrangement to make it more useable, Christian will look at it.
> Steffen looked at how vBulletin implemented it, and it is as ugly as the
> original one.
The problem, why we (FAL+me) decided to not integrate plupload without
FAL is that we would avoid some ugly things on the PHP side. The
integration I made was a bit hacky, as TYPO3 expects multipart uploads,
while plupload prefers to send binary streams or - esp. the HTML5 case -
can only send binary stream (within an XmlHttpRequest).

Also some neat features ("there's already such a file, do you want to
overwrite it?" instead of checking the "overwrite" box before upload
etc) would require some work. That's why I did not continue and see more
sense in having FAL in core, force everybody to use it and bring
plupload a perfect upload interface based on plupload.

> Viewport CSS/ExtJS bug
> ------------------------------
>
> Steffen is also active in the ExtJS forums and knows who to ask for
> help. Ernesto suggested Steffen to contact some active ExtJS expert to
> take a look at that strange problem we have in our ExtJS viewports: As
> soon as one component hits a link with an anchor, the whole backend
> content is shifted upwards by some pixels ("RFC
> #15771":http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15771). This can only be fixed
> by reloading the backend. Known places where this happens:
I don't know, which browsers are also affected, I know only Firefox,
whilst Opera is not affected. Dunno about the rest.

> GIT infrastructure
>
> Pending is still a cleaned up
> protocol of that meeting. The "meeting
> notes":http://typo3.ietherpad.com/20 are thou available in raw form, as
> written during the meeting.
I think the protocol and the outcome is perfectly fine!
Having it in Berlin is IMHO really important.

Thanks for the minutes!
Steffen
--
Steffen Gebert