[TYPO3-v4] shouldn't starttime / endtime be l10n_mode exclude fields?

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sat Jan 8 10:13:45 CET 2011

Hi,

some time ago I found that the values of the starttime / endtime fields
within l10n-overlay records are worthless if the parent has different
values for them. Therefore the only reasonable conclusion for me is that
they should have the "l10n_mode"=>"exclude" setting.

Is that conclusion right and would that be worth the RFC or is there any
usecase where this l10n_mode setting would break existing (working!)
functionality?

Related bugreport: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16575.

Cheers,
Tolleiv