[TYPO3-v4] removing depreciated function

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Mon Feb 28 21:14:53 CET 2011

W dniu 2011-02-28 21:05, Søren Malling pisze:
>> This should solve problem for most cases. At least user who upgrade will be
>> warned directly and in simple way. I know there is depreciation.log but the
>> solution must be easier than that.
>>

> How much easier can it get? Enable deprecation log, and make it your
> task to make a patch for the extensions that gets entries in the file.
> (no joking, dead serious!)
>
> After all, we are all responsible for our community :-)

Well - you are overestimating the knowledge of avarage TYPO3
maintainer/upgrader.

It do not have to be:
a) developer
b) having idea what is "patch"
c) knowing that the "depreciation.log" file exist.
d) it can be just begginer (or do you want all beginers to pay someone
for upgrading)

Even if - having to incorporate the patch into someone extension is a
really pain.  I did at least 5 or 6 patches, put them at forge and they
hung there for years with no answer at all. The reality.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz