[TYPO3-v4] Polish for 4.6

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 14 13:57:14 CET 2011

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 14.02.2011 13:40:
> Hi,
>
> Am 14.02.2011 13:21, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
>> Lorenz Ulrich schrieb am 14.02.2011 11:31:

>>> I'd volunteer for this task if that would be useful.
>>
>> Cool stuff, I would also welcome that. Instead of re-using the bloated
>> deprecated "content (default)" I would also rather try to create either
>> a new extension ("noncss_styled_content"?), which could provide a drop
>> in pure TypoScript replacement for rendering "content elements" but
>> having older non-CSS-aware based clients in mind.
>
> don't you think css_styled_content could provide a "non-css" variant as
> kind of basic rendering? I would prefer this instead another extension.

I don't, because I for example never need this (my newsletter look fine
on Outlook even with css_styled_content).

Why should we "bloat" the already difficult to maintain css_styled
content with yet another "switch" or condition or template?

Being a separate extension it's easier to develop it (without needing to
touch any existing core code), easier to maintain it (could be a
separate git repository even) etc.