[TYPO3-v4] Polish for 4.6

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Mon Feb 14 11:10:25 CET 2011

Hi Steffen

In general full ack for these suggestions. But:

 > 2) remove statictemplates
 > We already made this a sysext. The templates are old school and only
 > usable for demo purpose. Now with introduction package, a site can be
 > set up in a minute, so this extension is not helpful. Move it to TER.

I also don't like these templates but there is one in it that's still
useful: content (default). As you probably know the HTML rendering
capabilities of Outlook 2007+ are very bad so the best way I know to
have a compatible layout for a newsletter is to set rendering to content
(default). Still it's necessary to do a cleanup as this template has
hardcoded formatting in it.

Would it be stupid to include a cleaned up "Table based content"
template to the core and "drop" the other static templates to TER?

Best regards,

Lorenz