[TYPO3-v4] ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick for >= 4.6

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 13 14:51:14 CET 2011

Hi,

On 13-2-2011 10:37, Stefano Cecere wrote:
> any idea if from 4.6 we'll concentrate on making ImageMagick (latest
> version) work well with TYPO3...
> will there be always support for GM? or better to suggest just one
> package and optimize it?

At the moment I'd personally prefer GraphicsMagick over ImageMagick.
I've seen too many problems with various versions of IM which were
solved by using GM. Besides irritating bugs in recent versions of IM,
the performance of GM has been a lot better. Recently IM has shown
improvements in this area.

The reality is that not all hosting plans will offer both tools, so we
need to support both IM and GM. You can however expect from a serious
hosting environment that a recent version is installed. We will probably
end up with support for IM6 and GM.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert