[TYPO3-v4] Core performance for 4.6 and beyond

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Feb 10 17:12:35 CET 2011

Hi,

> LiveJournal uses memcached and serves millions of users with its help!
> Naturally I want to use Memcached too ;) Now you tell me TYPO3 can't
> work with Memcached? Man, everybody can, why TYPO3 can't? :)
>
>> memcache backend sucks with heavy tagging. A backend which scales pretty
>> well with tags (we have page and content cache entries with 150 tags and
>> more) is native mysql (up to some level) and redis.

This discussion is getting pretty troubling. What's the issue exactly?
Why is it not recommended to use memcached and how come it is used
(apparently successfully) by high traffic sites?

As an aside does anybody have experience with Zend Data Cache? We have
several high profile sites running on Zend Server and it would be easy
to develop a CF backend for using Zend Data Cache. Any opinions?

Francois Suter