[TYPO3-v4] problem with crawler and indexed search

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Feb 10 14:32:31 CET 2011

> Federico Bernardin wrote:
>> I have already read the manual but the the TSConfig configuration is
>> the same as one in the configuration object (I have already configured).
>
> I may be "old school" but I learned that the first thing to do when I
> investigate crawler issues (at least once a month!), is to delete all
> records and write old good TSConfig. That works always without problems.

Actually, I'm quite old school too but configuration records work well.
I found out that pageTS is still better when it comes to indexing
protected content as it is damn easy to add a configuration by
inheriting another one, something that's not possible with configuration
records. Besides that, I agree that clearing all records and doing the
process step by step is the only viable way I found to debug anything.
That's what I did in my recent article on the subject btw.

Xavier