[TYPO3-v4] Core performance for 4.6 and beyond

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:56:53 CET 2011

Hi!

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> In real live use-cases with big caches other things get more important
> than the rough parsetime of PHP: For example mysql slows down with big
> tables

Well, it does but there are TYPO3 faults here too:
- it does not use indexes efficiently
- rootline fetching in multiple requests is just plain stupid from
performance point of view (and happens on each request)
- no caching for records

I tried to use caching framework to improve performanbce but found that
totally uncached TYPO3 installation runs faster than TYPO3 with caching
framework (memcached instance). /proc/loadavg was 3.5 without caching and
64 when using caching framework (live server stats). So caching framework
is out of question for performance improvement.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org